Veterans Center Access Request

Page 1

The Veterans Center is located in Cole Field House, Room 1112 and is a resource for all students that are service members (Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves) or veterans of the US military. There is a lounge area with a couch and TV, kitchen area with refrigerator and free coffee, conference room/study space, and a computer lounge with free, unlimited printing.

To request card-swipe access, please complete this form and include documentation of your service - DD 214 or NGB 22 for veterans or CAC card or recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) for current service members. A government issued drivers license with a veterans designation will also suffice. Please blackout any sensitive information, such as SSN.

Veterans Center User Agreement

By submitting the Veterans Center Access Request Form you are accepting the responsibility to uphold the values of the University of Maryland and the University’s Veterans Community by conducting yourself in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined below.

  1. The University of Maryland Code of Student Conduct applies while using the Vet Center. Please refer to it here: Code of Student Conduct.
  2. Respect the dignity and essential worth of all individuals
  3. Promote a culture of respect throughout the University community
  4. Respect the privacy, property, and freedom of others
  5. Clean up after yourself. If you make a mess, clean it up
  6. Reject bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind
  7. Guests (anybody who is not a UMD student veteran) must be signed by the hosting UMD student veteran. The host veteran must remain present in the Veterans Center while their guests are present.
  8. Consumption of alcohol or the use of tobacco products within the Veterans Center is prohibited
  9. Practice personal and academic integrity and expect it from others
  10. Refrain from disruptive or disorderly conduct
  11. Promote the diversity of opinions and ideas which is the lifeblood of the university

Contact Veteran Student Life at if you have any questions about this form.

What is your first and last name?
Email Address
University ID (Nine Digit Number found on the front of your Student ID Card)
Upload documentation of your military service. Veterans should upload a copy of their DD 214 (for Active Duty/Reserves service) or NGB 22 (for National Guard service). Current service members should upload a copy of their CAC card. Please black out sensitive information (SSN, etc.)