The Maryland Leadership Education and Development (MLEAD) Program engages students in institutes, conferences, retreats, and peer education to develop socially responsible leadership skills.
Student Facilitators deliver leadership development content, lead experiential learning activities, guide conversations and synthesize group ideas, effectively shaping experiences for the participants. Facilitators learn and practice skills including public
speaking, critical thinking, planning, and flexibility!
We are looking for Facilitators to facilitate Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) and Maryland
Leadership Conferences in the Spring. Facilitators will be placed on 1 program team to facilitate either TLI OR Conferences. You can indicate which program team fits best with your interests and availability.
All facilitator positions are semester long commitments (January- May 2019). You will also have the option to continue on with the Facilitator role for Fall 2019 and future semesters.
Facilitators should review class, employment, student organization, family, and other commitments to ensure availability for these mandatory training dates and times:
- New Facilitator Training – Friday, December 6th, 2019 11am – 4pm
- Weekly Learning Communities - Mondays, starting February 3rd- April 14th, from 5:30-7:30pm
- TLI: 1 session on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening starting February 25th with make up sessions on Friday afternoons
- Maryland Leadership Advance – Feb 22nd
- MOSAIC – Friday-Saturday, March 6th-8th
- Activation Academy - TBD
Review the full position description detailing requirements, responsibilities, and benefits.
Applications are due on Wednesday, November 15th by 11:59pm.
- Friday, October 25th - Friday, November 15th: Facilitator Applications Open
- Monday, November 18th, 6:00pm-7:30pm: Group Interview
- Wednesday, November 20th- Friday, November 22nd: 30 minute Individual Interviews, 9:00am-6:00pm
- Monday, December 2nd: Facilitators notified of placement
- Friday, December 6th: Facilitator Orientation, 3:30-4:30 pm