The Maryland Leadership Education and Development (MLEAD) Program engages students in institutes, conferences, retreats, and peer education to develop socially responsible leadership skills.
Student Facilitators deliver leadership development content, lead experiential learning activities, guide conversations and synthesize group ideas, effectively shaping experiences for the participants. Facilitators learn and practice skills including public
speaking, critical thinking, planning, and flexibility!
We are looking for Facilitators to facilitate Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) and Maryland
Leadership Conferences in the upcoming academic year.
All facilitator positions are year long commitments (August 2020 - May 2021). You will also have the option to continue on with the Facilitator role for Fall 2021.
Facilitators should review class, employment, student organization, family, and other commitments to ensure availability for these mandatory training dates and times:
- LCSL Annual Student Leader Retreat - August
- Fall TLI: 1 session on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening starting September 29th (Fall 20) and February 23rd (Spring 21) with make up sessions on Friday afternoon
- Maryland Leadership Conference – November 21st - 22nd
- LCSL Mid Year Event - January
- Spring TLI: 1 session on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening starting February 23rd (Spring 21) with make up sessions on Friday afternoons
- Activation Academy*
* = not required, but encouraged and optional
Actively promote MLEAD opportunities and share marketing materials via email, social media, and at least 1 event per semester.
Review and deliver curriculum including experiential activities and discussion for a group of 15-25 participants.
Work closely with 1 co-facilitator to plan and implement weekly 90-minute sessions, manage session logistics, organize participant communication, and build community among participants
Review and deliver curriculum including experiential activities and discussion for a small group of 10-15 participants for 2 conferences programs
Provide feedback on program curriculum and structure
The facilitator intake will be a rolling/continuous/positions open until filled process. MLEAD is looking for 12-15 dedicated students for the program team and those interested in becoming a facilitator for the MLEAD program must:
- Fill out the MLEAD Program Facilitator Interest Form with the necessary information
- Once the interest form has received, MLEAD staff will reach out for informational meeting about the position to answer any of the students’ questions.
- Following the informational meeting, MLEAD staff may reach back out to students for an interview style conversation.
- Within 1-2 weeks, the interested student will be notified if they are selected or not for a position.